40 hours schedule 8am-5pm; Monday-Friday (may include some Saturdays)
Medical and Dental
Sick Leave (10 days per year)
403 B Retirement Plan; 2% employer match after one year of employment
Implement and promote a program of behavioral health in a community clinic setting, including, but not limited to, psychosocial assessment, diagnostic services, individual and group psychotherapy and case management/coordination with medical providers and supervision of trainees/interns. Population is largely Spanish-speaking, low-income immigrant adults and children. Provides a range of psychosocial assessments, diagnostic, therapeutic and case management services for individuals, couples, groups, children and families, as appropriate to the specific expectations of the position
- Manage Behavioral Health Provider Department
- Perform initial behavioral health assessment of clients.
- Conduct individual, family and group therapy as determined appropriate.
- Supervise MFT/MSW interns and trainees as required.
- Provide crisis response to walk in clients as necessary, in conjunction with, medical providers to encourage compliance with medical and behavioral regimens.
- Develops and conduct psycho educational classes and groups.
- Promote inter- departmental communication to ensure efficient coordination of services
- Develop informational materials for educational purposes
- Acts as a liaison between health, education, welfare, and other community agencies to establish an integrated and coordinated program.
- Maintains accurate and appropriate records of all client interventions and follow ups
- Completes timely and accurate documentation
- Fully participate in staff development opportunities offered to enhance professional growth, especially to maintain license, certification, or identified program performance skills.
- Attend on and off site collaborations and community meetings on behalf of Clinica Romero as the Behavioral Health representative and report back to the Behavioral Health director and team.
- Conducts Healthy Way LA (HWLA) and Medi-Cal billing as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Observes CMOAR policy/procedures regarding conduct in the work place:
- Observe regulations on time card use and reporting
- Maintain attendance as per policy
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Observe general Safety/Employee Health policies and procedures including Fire regulations.
- Maintain a current annual health screening
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of clients with regard to personal records and program issues development.
- Display clearly visible identification.
- Treats all employees, clients, neighborhood committee members with respect, dignity and in a courteous and professional manner in accordance to non-discriminatory policies and procedures and Union Agreement.
- Conduct only work related conversations when clients are waiting for service.
- Do not discuss other staff members, policies, problems or medical care in public areas of clinic.
- LCSW with current license
- At least two years of experience as licensed practitioner.
- Good speaking and writing skills both English and Spanish
- Excellent leadership, collaborative, team building skills
- Microsoft Office general knowledge
- Able to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse culture, education and economic background